The Long Family

Don, Gen, Dana & Jordan

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Skirt in a Day!











I've been wanting to make Dana a skirt and I found the instructions for this one online. I made it today! I'm sure if I was an experience seamstress it would have been an hour, but I was thrilled with finishing the project in one day:)I also made her a cute headband (which I also found the instructions for online:)I'm excited to try this one again, as I am sure I could improve a few things. Dana was such the model tonight. She was so excited to have something Mommy made--this is the first clothing item I have sewn for her!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Gen. Dana is very blessed to have a dad who handcrafted a doll crib and a mom who makes dresses. She is getting some solid "virtuous woman" training. She seems mighty proud of that dress. Thanks for putting up more posts.

Love,

Dad

Aunt Carly said...

It is so cute, good job Gen!

Erin Bassett said...

What a sweet skirt! You did such a good job on it...I never would have guessed you hadn't made clothes before.

Susan said...

What a pretty skirt. I love the floral pattern. Where did you get it?

Deborah said...

great job on the skirt!! I love it - with the matching headband. thanks for all the updates on the family - can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

Love the skirt. Gen really wants me to make her one. Maybe for Christmas.