The Long Family

Don, Gen, Dana & Jordan

Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas Cradle


I was enjoying my family so much on Christmas day that, sadly, I didn't take any pictures. We did take a picture the next day of the beautiful cradle that Don made for Dana.

I had a cradle when I was a little girl and in October I asked Don if he thought he could build one for Dana. I had no idea it would be so gorgeous!!! I am always so amazed at my hubbies ability to make things happen. He drew up a sketch of what he wanted it to look like and piece by piece he started to build it. He didn't even have all the proper tools, but he is so creative and found a way to make it happen. This cradle is built to last (no nails-all dowels!). It will be a family heirloom for sure! Dana loves the fact that it's big enough for a real baby:)

I wanted to be a part of her gift too, so found a piece of foam for the mattress and made a sheet, pillow case and silky blanket to go in it.

I am so thrilled with the finished product!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, can Uncle Donald make one for us? I'm very impressed.

Susan said...

Wow! I love the cradle! So special!!! I didn't know you had a blog. I need to create one. Maybe you can give me some pointers : D

Susan R

Anonymous said...

The site is beautiful! I am really enjoying it.

Love,

Dad