The Long Family

Don, Gen, Dana & Jordan

Thursday, September 9, 2010

August 2010 - The Lazy Days of Summer (We had a few)

One of our biggest blessings in moving to San Antonio was Dana's new eye doctor. She recommended CRT (Corneal Refractive Therapy)lenses for Dana. It is a gas permeable contact lens that she wears while she sleeps and it corrects her vision so that she doesn't have to wear anything during the day! It was our answer to prayer! Her Vision was already to a -4.25 in the right eye and about a -3 in the left. With her new lenses she is down to a -.5 and -1! Besides the fact that she doesn't have to wear anything during the day, the lenses are supposed to slow the progression of vision loss. We are still working to get a better fit (they are making her lenses custom because she is so young) with the lenses so that we can have perfect results, but the doctor is confident that as her eye grows she will be able to get a better fit. Praise the Lord for this miracle!
Ollie waiting for crumbs, I don't think he realized it was ice cream and there wouldn't be very much falling on the floor:)
My sweetie pie who loves to come into my room at 7 in the morning and snuggle:) I asked him this morning if he wanted to crawl into my bed before I made it and he said "Are you going to lay down too?" Even though I was already dressed and ready for the day I couldn't resist snuggle time with my boy!
Ollie is a big boy now!
I got a new little camera this month (a canon powershot). I am hoping that the compact portable camera will help me to capture more sweet family moments. These are my first pictures with the new camera---not too bad:)

1 comment:

Carly Peters said...

These are really good Gen. I love my Canon Powershot, I need to use it more and stop caring so much about getting the "perfect" exposure. Love the one with Ollie under the table and I want to snuggle with J so bad!!!